Liability in a Car Accident Claim
South Georgia Car Accident Attorney
Were you involved in an auto accident in Tifton, Albany, or anywhere else in South Georgia? If so, you may wonder who is responsible for paying your claim. Our attorneys can offer insight on how legal liability is determined in Georgia auto accident claims.
At Hudson King, we have successfully recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements on behalf of injured victims. With a former insurance defense attorney on our team, you can rest assured that we know Georgia insurance laws and auto insurance claims inside and out – and we’re here to help you. It’s not about the quick settlement; it’s about the best results for our clients. We’re prepared to go to trial on every case when it’s necessary to obtain justice. Our experience allows us to advise you on all your options.
Call our offices at (229) 515-8585 for a free consultation and to learn more about auto accident liability.
Auto Accident Claims in Georgia
Each state handles car accident claims differently. Georgia follows a “fault” system when it comes to auto accident liability. With a fault-based system, the driver who caused the accident is held legally responsible for any property damage or personal injury resulting from the collision. In auto accident claims, the at-fault driver’s insurance policy is the first place to look for financial compensation.
An auto accident victim can look for compensation by:
- Filing a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. We find that when a claim is presented by a lawyer, the typical settlement offer is far greater than when an individual presents a claim without a lawyer.
- Filing an uninsured or underinsured motorist claim against your own insurance company when the other driver either does not have insurance or does not have enough insurance to cover your claim.
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit in civil court. This usually occurs when settlement negotiations are unsuccessful.
Liability Insurance Requirements
In Georgia, drivers are required to carry liability insurance on their vehicles. The minimum liability coverage limits are:
- Bodily injury liability of $25,000 per person/$50,000 per occurrence
- Property damage liability of $25,000 per occurrence
While liability coverage is mandatory, uninsured motorist coverage is optional in Georgia. It is wise to have uninsured motorist coverage as it helps protect you if an uninsured or underinsured driver causes damage to your vehicle or injures you or your passengers.
Injured in an Auto Accident? Call Hudson King Today!
If you have been injured in a car accident, motorcycle accident, pedestrian accident, or bicycle accident, the best way to protect your right to compensation is to involve a South Georgia auto accident attorney from Hudson King. Why suffer the repercussions of another’s negligence? You shouldn’t have to pay a single dime for your losses.
Act now – contact our office at (229) 515-8585 to schedule a free case evaluation with a skilled member of our legal team.
Get Started with a Free Initial Consultation
Contact us today for a free consultation. Our contingency fee pay structure means you won’t pay fees until you receive the compensation you deserve.